Effective Date: 5/10/2021
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Obtain
How We Use the Information We Obtain
- Third-Party Analytics Services
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Rights and Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Third-Party Services and Features
- How to Contact Us
Information We Obtain
We obtain personal information about you in various ways, such as when you visit our Sites or contact us.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information, such as name, telephone number, and postal and email address;
- User-generated content related to product reviews, comments, questions and answers;
- Payment information, such as name, billing address, and payment card details (including card number, expiration date and security code) for payments processed by us; to the extent payments are processed by third parties such as PayPal, the privacy policies of those parties govern the processing of this information;
- Order history, including information about products purchased or viewed on the Sites;
- Demographic information such as age and gender;
- Details you provide through contests, sweepstakes and surveys;
- Social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through social media pages (such as our social media pages or other pages accessible to us);
- Information you provide in the course of applying for a job with us, such as details about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and background check information; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through our “Contact Us” feature, emails or other customer support tools.
When you visit our Sites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Sites to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Sites; (3) tailor the Sites around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Sites and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide our products and services;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our products and services;
- Communicate with you (including providing you with offers and other communications about our products and services), respond to inquiries and offer customer support;
- Post your product reviews;
- Verify your identity;
- Personalize your experience on our Sites;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Administer participation in surveys, sweepstakes, promotions or other programs;
- Respond to your requests and inquiries and provide customer support;
- Manage career opportunities with us, including for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing, improving and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our user base and Sites; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Sites, products and services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and Herbal Brands policies, including our Terms
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Sites, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain through the Sites may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
The Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third-party vendors and other entities to perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, order fulfillment, research, advertising, payment processing and other services.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. For example, we may facilitate access to the online maps of content providers like Google, which may use your geolocation information. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Herbal Brands, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
How to Contact Us
Herbal Brands, Inc.
PO Box 1450
Tempe, AZ 85280